Trash Collection Services
(Solid Waste Guidelines)
Effective January 1, 2020, Sanitation Solutions will service the City of Whitewright in solid waste collection (household garbage). Below are a few suggestions that if followed will help the drivers to better your trash service. Please feel free to call, if you have any questions regarding your service (903) 364-2219.
- All household garbage must be containerized in plastic bags and placed in furnished 90-gallon poly-cart. Each customer will receive one poly-cart. Additional poly-carts can be obtained for a charge of $7.00 per poly-cart per month.
- The poly-carts are the property of Sanitation Solutions. The poly-carts are assigned to the residence and if the cart is removed, the resident will be charged the cost on their utility bill.
- Plastic bags must be tied and placed in the poly-cart and should not weigh more than 50 lbs. Any trash left outside the poly-cart will not be picked up. The last pick up of the month and only the last pick up of the month you may place as many as 10 additional bags or other trash receptacles to be picked up next to your polycart (s).
- Trash pick-up is on Friday. The poly-cart will need to be placed at curbside with the front side facing the curb away from any other obstructions. If you have additional Sanitation Solution poly-carts, place them side by side and allow at least 2 feet between each cart.
- Poly-carts can be placed out as early as 4:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled collection, but no later than 7:00 a.m. on the day of collection. After collection, the poly-cart will be required to be removed from curb side within twenty-four hours.
- Last Friday of the month includes "bulk" items, i.e. brush, boxes, etc.
- Brush should be cut in 3-foot lengths and tied in bundles not to exceed 10 pounds per bag or personal trash cans.
- Boxes and newspaper should be bundled, not to exceed 40 pounds.
- Grass trimmings and leaves must be in plastic bags.
- Sanitation Solutions cannot pick up construction debris, dirt, rocks, tires, automobile parts, waste oil, ashes hazardous waste and stable matter.
- Paint cans must have lids removed with dry paint only.
- Large items can be taken to the City Barn at 401 S Benedict for a fee. Contact City Hall, 903-364-2219, for details.